77) MARY ANN BUGG: was bought back for 9,500gns at last year’s Tattersalls July Sale but that was before her half-brother Gifted Master had shown his true colours - he subsequently won the Group 3 Autumn Stakes and £500,000 Tattersalls Millions 2yo Trophy, thereby likely enhancing the value of this Bushranger filly second time around
83) FANDITHA: Listed-placed mare, who is in foal to Bungle Inthejungle, is the dam of a two-year-old winner and a 2015 filly by Camelot that realised 120,000gns as a foal from just two foals on the ground
86) ABUNAI: bought for 15,500gns by Black Type Bloodstock in this ring in 2013, Abunai later sprang to prominence as the dam of last season’s smart three-year-old Moheet. In foal to Toronado
105) REDRESSTHEBALANCE: smart filly who won the Californian Oaks following a productive juvenile campaign with Ralph Beckett. Returns to the UK to take up her sales engagement through The Castlebridge Consignment
135) DON’T FORGET FAITH: a Group 3-placed juvenile who commanded 210,000gns in this ring in 2011, she is the only mare catalogued in foal to Kingman.
She is followed into the ring by HIGH LUMINOSITY, a daughter of champion two-year-old Denebola whose first foal, Aussie Rocks, is now a winner in the US. She is in foal to Acclamation
145) SWEET LILLY: Listed winner, who also ran second in the 2006 Musidora stakes, is the dam of three winners from as many runners and is in foal to Iffraaj
155) SOOFIAH: lightly-raced winning sister to Group 1 winner Sajjhaa
222) BATTLE PRIDE: an useful two-year-old last year who hit a rating of 93 at his peak and ran fifth in the Solario Stakes
248) LOVELY STORY: Listed-placed herself, she is out of Chilean Group 1 winner Hush Money
Winners since the publication of the catalogue:
14) E FOURTEEN; 28) HONITON LACE; 101) QUEST OF COLOUR; 221) WILD TOBACCO; 223) JARIR; 231) THE STEWARD; 316) BROMYARD; 317) SONNYTHENAVIGATOR (x3); 318) HE’S A DREAMER; 353) MORE SPICE; 380) KARNAGE
"She'll probably be covered by Cable Bay," said Warren, who was acting on behalf of a new client. "She's a lovely looking mare and Moheet is very exciting. He stays in training with Richard [Hannon] and could be a horse for something like the Winter Derby."We're delighted with the Toronado foals that we've seen - they're very exciting - so it's great that we've been able to get a mare in foal to him."
“She’s been bought for a new client," said Sharp of the mare who sold for 2 She is a good raceme and I love Kingman as we’ve got a cracking Kingman filly out of The Miniver Rose at home.
“We’ll get her home to Fox Farm and see what happens. I thought she was good value at the price and she would’ve made a lot more. I think you can get a bit of value at this sale anyway.”
"We'll send her to Kentucky, she's on a May 4 cover so there's time to export her," said Bozzi. "She's in foal to Exceed And Excel and that could come back here to sell - we'll decide at a later date."It's rare that you get this kind of page at a sale. Plus she's a winner and a $300,000 yearling."
“With 2015 being the year of American Pharoah, a lot of spice and interest was added to the Empire Maker situation,” Michael Hernon, director of sales at Gainesway, told me recently in an interview for the Racing Post. “We had sold yearlings for Don Alberto Corporation, which had gone well, and they initially approached us with a view to bringing Empire Maker back.“I think at $100,000 he’s good value. He looks great for his age but we’ll cap his book at 135 mares, as we will with Tapit. A fair number of those using him are breeding to race, and looking further down the line, it seems as though his daughters will become significant producers.”
"She's a little project mare for Merry Fox," said Hadden. "We like King's Best mares and Kingmambo blood, and she's a very easy mare to mate on paper, which in this day and age isn't always the case."She's an athletic filly with a lot of quality. She won't be covered this year - she might go back into training and we'll see how she goes."