STAND-OUTS LOTS ON PAPER INCLUDE:
79) b c Oasis Dream - Vezina: bred by Bjorn Nielsen, this colt is a half-brother to Criterium de Saint-Cloud winner Morandi. Malcolm Bastard
87) b c Dawn Approach - Zibilene: half-brother to a pair of stakes horses in Mathematician and Oracle as well as the dam of Saamidd and Talmada, this colt is a grandson of Brocade. Malcolm Bastard
127) b c More Than Ready - Dundalk Dust: first foal out of a Grade 2 winner, this colt was pinhooked for $120,000. Mocklershill
135) ch c Declaration Of War - Flamingo Sea: half-brother to Irish Derby winner Frozen Fore and a €140,000 pinhook. Fforest Farm
141) b c Scat Daddy - Gender Dance: the talk of the sale, this colt is a half-brother to three horses who have sold well at this sale in the past led by Group 3 winner Great White Eagle, who briefly set a sale record of 760,000gns in 2013. His close relation, by Liaison, sells as lot 106. Gaybrook Lodge
145) b c Dark Angel - Goldthroat: 125,000gns pinhook is a half-brother to Group 1 winner Zafisio. Mocklershill
147) b c Dansili - Havant: bought for 240,000gns as a foal, this colt is the second foal out of Oh So Sharp Stakes winner Havant. The Bloodstock Connection
"Alban Chevalier du Fau [of The Channel Consignment] sold him as a yearling and highly recommended him," says John Cullinane of Horse Park Stud. "He's always been a powerful horse with a great mind and he did a lovely breeze - he wasn't among the quickest times but he finished off extremely well. And of course he's a good physical."He's been bought by a good customer and we wish them all the best with him."
“I didn’t think I’d have to pay that but the market seems up a savage amount and if you want the horses you’ve just got to get involved," said Hillen. "I liked his action and I saw him at Roger Marley’s about a month ago and he impressed me there. We’ve been lucky buying from there, that’s where we got Brando who runs at Newmarket on Thursday. He’s by a good sire and is a good physical, he’s big but he’s not backward."
"He was in Book 4 and we were lucky enough to be able to buy him," said O'Mara, who bought the colt with Howson and Houldsworth Bloodstock. "He looked quick at the time - he's powerful. He's a good horse and breezed accordingly."
"It would be nice to think that lightning might strike twice," said Doyle. "He's by a stallion we've had a lot of luck with over the years and he did a very professional breeze. He came highly recommended from a good hotel."
"He was the nicest horse in the sale and I'm pleasantly surprised that I was able to buy him," said Redvers. "He'll probably be trained in Newmarket."He clearly had some issues at the sales last year to be unsold at $65,000 [at Keeneland], but he's proven he can gallop."This is a sale we've had tremendous success out of and this is exactly the type of horse we want."
"He was being sold by a good friend of mine, Tom Evans of Trackside Farm," said Jim McCartan. "I had another nice horse off Tom a couple of years ago by Exchange Rate. Anyway, this colt RNA'd at $65,000 and I did a private deal to buy him. He was in an early book at Keeneland and I think he just fell through the cracks."He's been a very easy horse to prep, lovely to have anything to do with."I've never seen so much action on a horse. There were bids coming from everywhere. Aliz, my head girl, and I had a bet on what he could make. We both came up with numbers and I won, so she owes me a drink!"